Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 8120115 times)

mcmich

Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #1050 on: July 01, 2012, 12:03:10 am »
Northern Beaches are lovely.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:11 am »
Avalon is nice gert, why did you move?  :( 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 01, 2012, 01:03:44 am »
I used to live in West London before I  emmigrated to Australia. Before that used to live in a little village called Claygate with my family. Why am I posting this ??? ???
 :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 01, 2012, 01:07:25 am »
Lol Hally, you're posting it because its an interesting little fact about you ;)

I've lived in the same house down here all my life :-))

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 01, 2012, 01:12:03 am »
Well if we are telling our life stories, I might as well join in :@)

Born and bred in Campbelltown Western Sydney.
Moved to the Central Coast in 85. Bought my first house there. Then I met DH and moved in with him in Windsor, north west Sydney.
We then sold both our houses and moved to Hunter Valley. We both wanted more space, and after visiting his sister near Armidale NSW decided this is the area where we want to be.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 01, 2012, 01:39:17 am »
Avalon is nice gert, why did you move?  :(  

Truth is I got sick and bloody tired of trying to find a parking space in my little village.  I loathed the Ladies who Coffee bringing their demanding kids in oversized over priced strollers and occupying the sidewalks for hours buying a cup of  decaf soy lattes wearing their expensive better than thou tennis gear oohing and aahing over seeing Nicole Kidman or one of the Packers or the heaps of  soapie would be stars.  Used to be able to meet and greet the likes of Bryan Brown Or Robin Williams without all the fawning that goes on today.

Avalon used to be a quiet little village with good cafes  and restaurants but some have gone all upmarket with pretentions  of Double Bay.More  and more apartments . We sold our fibro shack at the top end and bought a beautiful  builders own home  only 6 months old at  the low end of the market.

I can get downtown in 15 minutes. Only 12 minutes to the airport.  No toll crapola . No traffic jams.  Beautiful mountains all around me. Horse  paddocks down the road Cane fields all over and still a nice place with no  crowds.

I do miss the Harbour and some restaurants but nothing much else except a good Deli. Last time down there  to see something at MOMA I could not get back fast enough  after breezing through Peters on my way to the airport. I spent over $500 and had a huge box of goodies  within the week. It was wonderful.  Now that was worth the effort.

Gert
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:56:38 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 01, 2012, 02:29:24 am »
 . . . and Gert tells it as it is, unfortunately . .  when school gets out, the two little shopping centres here are huge (and I mean huge!) shiny 4 wheel drive conventions!! . . .

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 01, 2012, 06:27:08 am »
True Gert, when I lived in cairns, 10 1/2 years ago, we would watch the plane come in, jump in the car, and be there as people came out for luggage, about 4 minutes to airport....

Just got back from Cairns now, so peaceful up here, no traffic....
Where you are is wonderful scenery like us.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 01, 2012, 06:34:09 am »
Ya should have called . Not far from the highway. Only a minute or two. Next time. I meant to,give you my card but I forgot.

Gert.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 01, 2012, 06:38:34 am »
We have to come down again soon, Kids want to go to the movies again.

My girlfriend in Cairns wants a varoma demo soon, So I will get Jo to do one here.

She has a thermomix, because I  have one.., but She also loves it too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 01, 2012, 12:08:01 pm »
I love sudoku but the hard ones usually stump me.

My brief history. Grew up in the wheat belt. Went away to boarding school. Then uni, met DH, eventually married. Two years in the northwest (Broome). A couple of years back in the northern wheat belt, but at a different town. All the rest of the time ,I've lived and worked in the city.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 01, 2012, 12:11:12 pm »
I prefer cryptic crosswords to sudoku. My brain doesn't cope very well with numbers :-[

I really want a bubble bath right now :(

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1062 on: July 01, 2012, 01:57:13 pm »
I prefer cryptic crosswords to sudoku. My brain doesn't cope very well with numbers :-[

I really want a bubble bath right now :(

Oh Amy, that's me too (except for the bubble bath, we don't have a bath, only a shower). I love cryptic crosswords! But, I definitely do not cope with numbers. Do not ask me to add, take away, divide or multiply, it's just beyond me. Give me WORDS any day!

Oh, and I was born in a small country town and my parents moved to South Perth when I was three. It was like a country town when I was growing up. Moved to the bush to teach when I was 23 and I'm still here 32 years later!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:58:46 pm by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 01, 2012, 03:18:45 pm »
I knew it Megan, you are still a teacher at heart!

I couldn't live without a bath. Have one every night before bed. (can manage night or two in shower if away, but its just not the same)
Must be related to otters!

Hope I don't get too decrepit in old age and can still get in or more importantly OUT of the bath!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 01, 2012, 04:56:38 pm »
Morning Uni ;D Another bad night?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.