Author Topic: Where did it go? :(  (Read 8629 times)

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
Where did it go? :(
« on: January 09, 2011, 10:50:53 am »
Hello

In this thread: http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4064.0 I had a link to a cinnamon roll recipe.  I came back today to see if I had the ingredients to make it (since I really feel like eating some) only to find it's gone :(.  I think it was posted by JulieO.

Can anyone help me out please?

Many thanks

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
Re: Where did it go? :(
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 10:58:16 am »
I did a bit of a search and found this: http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1641.0

Not sure if it's what you're looking for though...

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:02:16 am »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 05:26:48 am »
Thank you for replying.

opi2kenopi - that could be it, but I'm sure the one I was looking at was converted TMX, hence it's appeal.

CC - don't remember it having sultanas & currents (yuk, lol).

Oh well, another reminder for me to print things out as I find then, rather than as I need them.

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 03:00:16 am »
Hi Rubyslippers.  The same thing happened to me, I printed it off to try and then thought I had lost the recipe, came back and for the life of me couldn't find it or the thread. I wasn't sure if maybe it had been pulled because the recipe went beyond the weight recommendation in the Thermomix.  I tried it and they were delicious and have made them a number of times since, but I always halve the recipe or do a double batch because I was worried about putting too much pressure on my blades.  If you can't find it I could re-type it up and post it, but would probably like to know if there is a reason for it disappearing first.   

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:24 am »
It wasn't posted a few weeks ago when the forum changed servers and a number of messages disappeared on two occasions?

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 05:55:43 am »
earth mumma - Thank you for your reply.  Good to know I'm not the only one missing it (otherwise one might think I was going bonkers haha).

If you can't find it I could re-type it up and post it, but would probably like to know if there is a reason for it disappearing first.
I don't know if we'll ever know.  If you could that would be great please, if not I'll survive.  :)

No idea Zan.

Offline Berry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:00:28 am »
I'm not sure if this is too late, but is this the one you're after?

http://www.taste.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12050&p=150533&hilit=cinnamon+scrolls&sid=4e5198d210003186642d76b98680a741#p150533

You may need to scroll down a little.  I hope the link works, I've never tried inserting one before!

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 11:58:38 am »
Sorry, I've only just read this thread.   Is this the recipe you were looking for?

CINDI'S CINNAMON ROLLS

620g unbleached plain flour (I used normal plain flour)
2 tsp dried yeast
240g organic milk  (I used reduced fat)
75g raw sugar 
80g butter
1 tsp sea salt
2 lightly beaten eggs
melted butter for brushing

TOPPING
80g brown sugar
80g butter
50g pure maple syrup 
45g walnuts or pecans  (I used pecans)     
100g raw sugar 
3 tsp ground cinnamon

Place milk, sugar, butter and salt in TM bowl.  Heat on 37°C/2-3 mins/speed 2, or until butter has just melted. Allow to cool for a couple of mins if too warm.

Add flour, eggs and yeast to mix and combine for 20 secs/speed 3 - 4.  Then 15 secs/speed 2.

On closed lid position/knead for 2 ½ mins.  Remove to a lightly oiled bowl, cover in clingwrap and put in a warm place until doubled in size.  Prepare topping.

Topping
Place whole nuts in TM bowl and chop 1 second/speed 7.(certainly pecans wouldn’t want any more than this, not sure about walnuts).  Remove from the bowl and put aside.  (Don’t worry about getting every speck out of the bowl as they will be mixing with the next step anyway).

Place brown sugar, butter and maple syrup into TM bowl.  Cook for 1 min/80°C/speed 4 or until melted.  Spread over the base of a 30x25cm pan. (you will be putting the rolls on top to bake)

Sprinkle the chopped nuts evenly over sugar syrup and set aside. Mix together raw sugar and cinnamon and set aside

Once dough is ready, divide the mixture into two and roll out into ovals of approximately 50 x 35cm.

Brush the surface of the dough with melted butter.

Sprinkle half the cinnamon mixture evenly on each of the dough ovals. Brush around the  edge of the dough with more of the melted butter to help stick together when rolled up.

Roll up dough lengthwise, seal the long edge and then slice into 4cm wide pieces.

Place the rolls on their cut sides in the pan on top of the syrup.  Cover pan with a clean tea towel, place in a warm spot and leave to rise until nearly doubled in size ( about 40 mins)  Preheat the oven to 180C (160C if fan forced).

Place cinnamon rolls into oven and bake for 30mins ( approx 23 if fan forced). 

I finished off under the grill for a min or so to brown off a little more.

Notes:
I've used Cindi's recipe, but have put some of it in my words, so please know this.

I've made a few cinnamon scrolls in my time, but this recipe was the best by far.  My family devoured them and my DH took a couple around to his parents place while still warm they were that good.

What I usually do  when making scrolls, is split the syrup between 3 square 20cm tins and put 4 unbaked scrolls into each tin, cover them well in plastic wrap and before the second  rise I will pop 2 of the tins in the freezer leaving just 4 scrolls left to rise again and then bake. 

The reason for this is that cinnamon scrolls are best when first made and in my experience can go dry pretty quickly. 12 scrolls is too many for my family, different of course if making for visitors, so by freezing 2 lots of 4 means whenever we feel like one I can pull a tin out of the freezer and put directly into a preheated oven and bake.

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 11:57:22 pm »
THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  Berry & Katya  :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 04:55:21 am »
Quick, print it out before it disappears again rubyslippers  ;)  Well done girls.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 09:38:33 am »
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:25 am »
though i have no idea where the other thread went, we rarely delete anything let alone threads around here, i suspect it probably just got moved from one board to another more relevant one
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog