Author Topic: See you later everyone  (Read 11597 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
See you later everyone
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:44:46 pm »
Gosh I am missing you guys on the forum but life is going to be very busy for a few months. We have 3 babies ( 5 month old twins  and a 22 month old). They are all smokers and an absolute delight but oh we are busy. Think I lost 3 kilos in one week! So now we are a family of 7! Wish I had Hally's freezer, we never have left overs and now mt cupboards are bare. Thought I might try online shopping tomorrow. I wouldn't have taken this on if I didn't have my beautiful 20 year old home from Uni, she is an absolute gem, and will be well prepared for motherhood after this. Anyway I will be back!
Denise

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: See you later everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:53:54 pm »
You certainly got an instant family straightaway, Denise, and it sounds as if life is going to be completely hectic for quite a while, until everyone settles down.  So glad to hear that the kids are wonderful.  You and your family are so special, taking on this step in your lives, good luck with the fostering and hope to hear from you now and then when (if!) you have a spare moment.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:03 pm »
Wow Bedlam, that's quite a handful. Congratulations for taking on such an amazing role. Good luck with it all.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »
Thanks guys, it is very special having these sweet little people in our lives. It will probably be a quick hello in the wee hours for a little while. Although things are already settling down. It is a wonderful bonding time for my DH and our daughters.
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:53:51 pm »
Lovely to hear from you Denise.Pop in when you can and tell us how your new delightful family are progressing. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:27:33 pm »
I thought it must be your new family keeping you away from the forum Denise.  What are they, boys, girls or a mixture? How are they settling into their new home, must be hard for them too.  I take my hat off to you, I certainly couldn't take on that many tiny tots and I can fully understand you would hardly have a minute to yourself. You have a wonderful daughter and will miss her help when she goes back to Uni.  Good luck with it, online shopping sounds the way to go for sure.  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:30:25 pm »
It sounds like your forum name is what your life is going to be like for a little while  :D  Good luck and enjoy every moment.  ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 10:57:50 pm »
You are doing a great job, its hard work but rewarding. My freezer  is nearly out of left overs so it would only last you about 3 -4 days now.  Try & get them to have their sleeps at the same time, then if you have any energy do something for yourself once in a while, read, cook, come on here whatever you like. 3 under 2 is a lot of work, you must pat yourselves on the back, sometimes it will get hard, stop, take a deep breathe & count to 10. Great to have 2 daughters to help, even with the cooking is a plus.

Be careful you dont get burnt out, ask for respite for a weekend, day when you need it, they wont offer it unless you ask.

Big hug
Hally

Will come  and visit you in the holidays.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 06:46:37 am »
Good on you all for doing something VERY special.  My daughter does the online shopping.  Saves time and money.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:26:39 pm »
Good on you Bedlam for sparing some love to some little ones. I admire you very much  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:07 pm »
Yeah, but I thought one baby!!
They are all absolutly adorable but keep us oh so busy.  I cant imagine a young Mum coping as us four only just manage.
It is a special treat having 4 month olds in your life again.  All the beautiful noises while they gulp their bottles and the gorgous trusting smiles. 
Must confess a few disappointing incidents with so called professionals(doctors etc) but generally week one and we all feel humbled to be having this opportunity.
Unfortunately TMX is very lonely!
Denise

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 01:10:35 pm »
Oh yes 1 baby, I did try & warn you that it starts  with 1 or 2 etc....ths time of year  is crazy for foster carers.

H :)

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 01:51:44 pm »
It  is such a sad situation but thankfully there are foster parents such as yourselves Denise.  We have one of our parents with 4 littlies under 5 - all special needs with them being 2 sets of siblings - she says her 3 children the youngest of whom is year 10 are a godsend.  I remember vividly the day she picked up the 1st baby - excitement and nerves all around.  Thinking of you Denise and it will be great to hear from you when time permits.  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 05:32:56 am »
Denise I can imagine how busy you must be. You and the family are wonderful, kind people to do this and I so admire you. Are the twins and 3rd child siblings? I guess so. Your Christmas will be a lovely one with the children in the house, even if it is very busy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 07:55:16 am »
wow what a woman...i thought you would get one child but three...you must be run off your feet!...great that there are people like you out there to give them some love and affection.... :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/