Author Topic: I just made my 1st post ever!  (Read 8411 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I just made my 1st post ever!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 09:37:16 am »
Welcome to the forum Deborah. What sort of things dok you make in your Thermomix?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cjdlperry

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 11:11:28 am »
Tonight I made somebodies Special awesome cheese sauce to go on cauliflower.  Yesterday it was Bimby Chocolate cake for ladies coffee group & I turned half the batter into mini cupcakes for the kids school lunchboxes.  My dad is bringing me a bag of lemons to make some lemon butter (his request after I gave him a jar) & he wants some pasionfruit ones this time too!  Everybody loves Cyndi's Vegetarian Sausage Rolls, the first time I made them I told hubby they were 'healthy" & he didn't notice there wasn't any meat in them  ;)
Chocolate Fundy Wudgy Cookies are a great hit.  I often make those up but only cook half the dough & leave the rest in the fridge to have a fresh batch at the end of the week.
I have a recipe called brownie milk that makes chocolate syrup to make milkshakes, so easy to whip up a milkshake for starving kids!  I am still working on a good icecream.  I want creamy but not over the top fattening, still trying to get both in the same recipe.  Have been making quinoa porridge, I am the only one who likes it, the kids think it smells funny but I love it.  There is always something going on in TM.  I don't cook alot of mains in it but would like to do more, Deborah

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 12:13:00 pm »
You are going well Deborah.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:35 am »
Welcome Debrorah. I make lemon butter alot too.

ILB chocolate cake gets made every week as well.

Enjoy your thermomix.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:11 am »
Welcome Debrorah, you sound very experienced in the world of TM cooking already. :D
I'm sure cooking in a TM becomes an addiction ....... ;D
:D

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »
Sounds like you made monkeyboysmum' cheese sauce - everyone should try it.  It's the only cheese sauce I make now ...

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 03:11:11 pm »
Hi Deborah, nice to hear the sorts of things you make in TMX. Would a muslin cloth substitute for a milk nut bag do you think? Also if you have a chance to post your brownie milk recipe sometime, I'd be interested in seeing it  :)

Offline cjdlperry

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 08:28:52 am »
Julia, Yes that is the cheese sauce recipe I use.

Offline cjdlperry

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 08:43:50 am »
Bubbles, I am not sure if muslin will work, it may be too fine.  You could use anything that strains as fine or as coarse as you like your drink to be. Putting it in a bag makes the squeezing part very easy.  I bought some cheap nut milk bags on ebay just to make my juice.  I have made nut milk before but used a fine sieve (nut milk bag was much finer).  Here is the Brownie Milk http://thermorecipes.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/summer-drinks-series.html

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 11:47:33 am »
Thanks, looks great  :)